Banterra apps for mobile and iPad provide convenient banking at your fingertips, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Download Banterra’s mobile and iPad apps today.
View our helpful short video demo.
Mobile Banking FAQs
Q Does the app cost anything?
A There are no charges associated with downloading the app.
QWhich smartphones work with the app?
A It's compatible with Apple and Android devices.
Q Where can I download the app?
A You can get the app by clicking on “Apple Device” or “Android Device” above, or by searching for Banterra Bank in your iTunes or Google Play.
Q Do I have to be enrolled in Banterra Bank online banking first?
A You do not need to be enrolled in online banking.
Q What do I need to do once I download the mobile app?
A You simply click on “New Mobile User” button once the app is downloaded and create a user account.
Q Do I have to release any personal account information?
A You're not required to enter any account or routing numbers to set up the app.
Q Is Mobile Banking safe?
A Yes; Banterra is committed to protecting our customer’s information and Mobile Banking is protected with state-of-the-art security technology. In addition to secured registration, log-in procedures and other security measures, no identifiable personal information is ever sent or stored on your device.
Q Is this app equipped with push notifications?
A You can turn on available push notifications if you like.
Q Once I download the app, will it require regular maintenance?
A You will only need to update the app if there is a new version available.
Q How do I change my password?
A Online banking customers simply change their password through Online Banking and use this new password for the app. Individuals who are not online banking customers can call 866-BANTERRA (226-8377) to reset a password.
Q Is my account information only updated once a day?
A Your account information is refreshed via real-time updating.
Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Q Is there a fee to use Mobile Check Deposit?
A Mobile Check Deposit is a free service for our customers.
QWhat is the cut off time for making deposits thru Mobile Check Deposit?
A Deposits received before 4:00 pm Central Time on Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) will be considered as deposited on that day. After 4:00 pm deposits will be on the following business day.
Q When will my funds be available for checks I deposit thru Mobile Check Deposit?
A Funds are generally available the next business day after the day of deposit. See applicable cut off times, stated above.
Q Is there an endorsement requirement for checks I deposit thru Mobile Check Deposit?
A Checks need to be endorsed with, “For Mobile Deposit Only“ and your signature.
Q Is there a dollar amount limit of checks I deposit thru Mobile Check Deposit?
A Yes. Checks must be $1 or greater, but no larger than $1,000. If you want to deposit a check larger than $1,000, you need to contact the bank to request your limit to be temporarily raised. This must be done before you attempt to deposit the large check. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of the limit, we may reject your deposit. Once a deposit is rejected, it may not be electronically deposited again.
QWhat do I do with the paper check after I’ve deposited it thru Mobile Check Deposit?
A Once the check has been accepted for Mobile Check Deposit, keep the paper check in a safe place for at least 14 days. After this time, after you have confirmed the funds are deposited, you can shred the check or mark it as VOID.
QHow will I know if my check/deposit is accepted thru Mobile Check Deposit?
A An on-screen deposit confirmation will be viewable within the App. Receipt of such confirmation does not mean that the transmission was error free, complete or will be considered a deposit and credited to your account. Accepted deposits will be listed as “Completed;” unacceptable deposits will be listed as "Rejected.” To view the status of your deposit, Log out and back into the App after your deposit is submitted to confirm acceptance/receipt of your deposit.
QWhat types of checks are not accepted for Mobile Check Deposit?
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into; person or entity other than you.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or not payable in United States currency.
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by Banterra’s current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Banterra account.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
QWhy would my deposit reject thru Mobile Check Deposit?
ASee examples below:
- Check is over the limit (Customer may contact us for an increase of limit; requires approval)
- MICR line is blank or already encoded on check
- Invalid routing number
- Missing or improper endorsement
- Duplicates (check previously deposited)
- Image quality (dark, angle, size, front & back images are same, etc.)
- Dollar amount entered does not match check amount
QWhat type of accounts are deposits accepted for thru Mobile Check Deposit?
ADeposits will be accepted for checking, savings or money market accounts.
Mobile Check Deposit
Deposit checks using a smartphone or tablet with Banterra’s Mobile App. Go to “Deposits” on your mobile app and press the + sign. Then select the account number, enter the amount of the deposit and snap a photo of the front and back of the check. It’s that easy - making a deposit has never been more convenient!
Mobile Bill Pay
Pay bills quickly and easily with Banterra’s Mobile App. Simply add bill payees through your mobile app or online banking and then you can quickly make payments from your mobile or iPad app at anytime, from anywhere. Click on “Bill Payment” from the app’s main menu and you’ll see Bill Pay activity. Easily delete or edit pending payments, add a new payment or add a payee.
Managing your bills has never been better with the convenience of Bill Pay for mobile and online.
Check Account Information
Check account balances, daily transactions, even view checks with Banterra’s Mobile App.
Have an unexpected need for funds in one of your accounts? You can transfer funds from checking and savings accounts easily with Banterra’s Mobile App. Simply click on “Transfers” on the app’s main menu, and you’ll see Transfer activity. Delete or edit any pending transfers, or add a transfer that you’d like to make.
On/Off Debit Card Feature
Lost or stolen debit card? With Banterra’s Mobile App, you can switch your debit card on or off with the click of a button. Whether you have misplaced your card or just want to restrict access, you can feel secure knowing the power is in your hands.
Easy PIN Log-In
With Banterra’s Mobile App, you have the option of logging in with your user ID and password, or changing it to a simply four-digit PIN number for future log-ins. Simple. Easy. Banking at your fingertips, and on the go.
Scan this barcode to easily download Banterra’s Mobile App. For assistance or to learn more, call Banterra’s Electronic Banking Customer Service at 866-BANTERRA (226-8377), option 6 or stop by your local Banterra branch.